Vision Therapy and Vision Rehabilitation
We provide both Vision Therapy and Vision Rehabilitation for patients of all ages as each of these treatment programs help individuals to develop the necessary visual skills to optimally use their eyes in school, work, sports and life.
Eighty percent of what we learn comes from what we see. Students may have 20/20 eye sight, but not the visual skills needed in the classroom. We can help to eliminate the visual symptoms noted below, which often interfere with reading, attention and learning. A child who is smart in everything but school, may have an underlying or undetected vision problem. Call us today to schedule an appointment at 650-593-1661. It can make all the difference. To learn more about Vision Therapy, click here.
Vision Rehabilitation provides more specific treatments to aid an individual having difficulties which are a result of an acquired brain injury (stroke, head injury, neurological condition, or concussion).
To learn more about Vision Rehabilitation, click here.
Eye Tracking Problems
- Losing place while reading
- Missing/skipping small words
Visual Information Processing
- Difficulty spelling/copying material from board
- Letter or number reversals
- Not remembering a word in the next sentence
Poor Reading Strategies
- Slow reading with poor comprehension
Eye Teaming Problems
- Headache/browache with reading
- Easily distracted/trouble staying on task
Eye Focusing Problems
- Prefers larger text or picture books
Visual Motor Integration
- Trouble copying from the board
Common Visual Symptoms Addressed with VT