We provide vision treatment for those with conditions such as traumatic brain injury, stroke, whiplash, and concussion. We can help patients "get their life back" when there is an underlying vision problem that is preventing full recovery. We often can prescribe lenses, tints and prisms that will make the rehabilitation process much easier.
For patients who undergo Visual Rehabilitation, the process is similar to those undergoing VT; however, often we have to start with very basic visual skills and work for a limited duration of time (depending upon the patient's stamina). We may have to modify the procedures we perform to allow those with verbal expression challenges to effectively perform the task, or adjust any visual-motor integration demands depending on that patient's mobility.
Click here for an Acquired Brain Injury Symptom Survey.
Common Visual Symptoms
Following Brain Injury
- Blurriness even with lenses
- Print fluctuates in clarity
- "Pulling" feeling around eyes
- Poor depth perception / Increased clumsiness
- Loss of peripheral vision (side-vision)
- Loss of place during reading
- Difficulty being in crowds
- Poor reading comprehension
- Confusion of words while reading